Herbert Direct Ltd
Herbert Direct Limited are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We recognise our obligations to meet the demands of the GDPR and have thereby adopted the following principles for processing personal data, as laid down in the EU GDPR Regulation:
- Personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Personal data shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, kept up to date i.e. process shall be in place to identify and address out-of-date, incorrect and redundant personal data.
- Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- The integrity and confidentiality of personal data is maintained always through the appropriate technical and organisational measures, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- If you enquire about our services via our website, we may keep your contact details.
- When you visit our website, we may collect information that is available from your browser using a cookie.
- If you send us personal data via email, we may keep your email and email address and any other contact details that you supply.
- If you contact us by telephone we may keep your telephone number and other contact details for the purposes of providing goods and services as requested.
- If you we supply you with goods or services we will keep your contact details for the purposes of invoicing, sending statements and any other matters appertaining to the contract made between us.
How we use your data:
- Provide you with the information, services and products requested by you from Herbert Direct Ltd.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and Herbert Direct.
- Update and enhance our records.
- Compile information relating to your use of our services.
- Provide you with information about our services and other areas that may interest you.
- Information will be used periodically to assess the success of the web site and the levels of traffic generated.
Disclosure of your data:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we mutually agree with you.
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security regarding your data as undertaken by us.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in compliance with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and recovery of unpaid debts or services.
Herbert Direct will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Where your data will be stored:
Ensuring your personal data is kept and transferred securely is of the highest importance to us.
- All personal data that we process in relation to our services is processed by our staff at our offices. Our office address is Unit 18 Lawson Hunt Industrial Park, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 3JR.
- We have technical and organisational measures in place to ensure that your personal data is securely kept and preventative of any unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes and request your consent to these activities.
- If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of marketing communications from us, you may notify Herbert Direct Ltd by emailing email@example.com, or by phoning our main office number 01403 261082.
Access to information:
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you or your organisation.
- Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our administration costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you or your organisation.
- If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accuracy of personal data:
- We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted.
- We do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data.
- You can update your personal data by emailing email@example.com, or by phoning our main office number 01403 261082.
Modifications or changes:
We may change this policy by updating this page. We suggest that you should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any modifications or changes in compliance to the EU GDPR Regulation.